Friday, July 31, 2009
Econo Conscious? What's That?
One of the driving trends in the new economy is econo consciousness, which includes eco consciousness. What does econo conscious mean? And how can a vacation rental be econo conscious?
It's about the rise of the tightwad and freelance nation, the downsizing of the US consumer, and the demise of phantom wealth and the ownership society.
1. Thrifty is the New Frugal
2. Vogue Goes Budget Conscious
3. Why the current crisis may be our best chance. Money follows talent these days, not tax incentives.
4. Zero Waste Can Be Profitable and Eco Friendly
5. The End of Our Fling With Bling--why in-your-face consumption is so 2007.
6. I say more about this subject in my article, "The Illusion of Conspicuous Consumption" appearing in the next issue of Four Corners Magazine.
Look for my column, The Green Scene.