2. Free Yourself From Commitments—people and obligations you “should” do. Make sure all the things in your life are small, few, and simple enough to take care of yourself—your home, car, clothes, diet, finances.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
- Wow, pull CO2 from the air and use it to make BPA-free plastics? BPA has been linked to serious health problems, but now researchers have found a way to make plastic without out and reduce greenhouse gasses, as reported in this article.
- Green your flight by going to the bathroom before flying? Apparently, Nippon estimated it would save 4.2 tons of carbon dioxide a month on their planes.
- Wondering what to do while the economy gets worse before it gets better? How about growing your own food in a window?
4. Spending more time outside and breathing more air pollution is a bad summertime combo. Check the Air Quality Index before heading out on hot days with just a click or two on the AirNow site.
5. Last but not least, save up to $300 a week with a September rate special at the Riverview, St Augustine, Florida vacation rental. Just $599 when you use the code Slurpee when booking. Travel is up 25% to the east coast of Florida due to oil on the west coast--the best way to avoid disappointment is to make travel plans early before everything is booked.
Low budget vacation rentals for New England, Canada, and Florida
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Often referred to as 'little Tibet,' Ladakh is geographically, anthropologically and culturally part of Tibet. However, its remoteness and sheer inaccessibility have meant that it was to have a very different history to the rest of the high plateau. Once part of British India, it was subsequently absorbed into independent India in 1947. Ladakh's geography protected it from the ravages of the Chinese cultural revolution that sadly changed the rest of Tibet beyond recognition. Today it contains one of the most intact Tantric Buddhist societies left on earth.