Going green can help you save--on health care costs, fuel bills, tuition, and admission fees. There's something free for everyone--indoors for culture vultures and outdoors for the more adventurous.
Top 10 Free US Attractions
- Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
- Waimea Canyon, Waimea, Hawaii
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California
- Angel's Landing, Zion Park, Utah
- USS Arizona Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Pacific Coast Highway, Route 1, California
- US Holocaust Museum, Washington, DC
- Freedom Trail, Boston, Massachusetts
- Central Park, NY City
If you bank with Bank of America your sheck or debit card gets you into 70 museums free of charge. Details at the Bank of America Museums on Us website.
Even the Ivory Towers have opened up and gone green. Try any one of the 2,000 free courses online from MIT. Daredevil, Walter Lewin is an Internet legend for using stunts to demonstrate the laws of physics. Yale, Notre Dame and Berkley offer freebies from Psychology to Nutrition.
What freebies do you like for going green?